On June 23, 2016, the Chandler City Council approved the Memorandum of Understanding with the Chandler Law Enforcement Association and the three other employee groups in the city.
The MOU will be in effect from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018.
- Merit increase of 5% for all eligible police officers
- Longevity payment increases to 2.5%, paid two times a year
- Up to 3% of gross wages contributed to deferred compensation (requires $90 employee contribution per pay period and 8+ years of service for full amount)
- Clothing allowance increases from $750 to $1200 paid out in two $600 payments in July and February
- Beginning July 1, 2016 accrue up to 90 hours of compensatory time in lieu of overtime pay with an increase to 100 hours in July of 2017.